Sunday, January 20, 2013

Lazy Sunday News

Today has been fairly eventful, overall.  I woke from my slumber with a slightly sore throat, ingested an adequate amount of coffee, ran some quick errands, and have lounged on the couch for the remainder of the day.  Stopping only to eat some of my wife's amazing Cheesy potato soup and a home made panini. 

I did meet up with Bowser in Super Mario Bros. Wii U and was met with defeat.  So, me and my little lazy buddy, pictured to the left, decided to switch on some football to pass the time. 

As I sat there, my phone vibrated in my pocket.  Normally, this would be nothing out of the ordinary.  I noticed the email received was in a mailbox I only use for my writing.  I had a feeling I knew who it was from, and I was correct.  Expecting a rejection letter, I opened it and read it slowly.  I was elated to see that I was accepted for their Anthology publication! 

What makes this acceptance more exciting is that I stepped out of my comfort zone.  I would not normally submit to this type of horror anthology, but decided to go for it anyway.  Waiting since early October for a response was a bit nerve racking, but it was worth the wait. 

To some it may only be the third time I have been published.  To me, I am ecstatic for my third chance to showcase my writing to the masses. 



No comments:

Post a Comment