Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Autumn Inspiration

My favorite thing about this time of year is the weather.  I am not sure why, but I love the mix  of hot and cold temps as the transition to Autumn dances around us.  I love the gloomy, rainy days and the way the way the changing leaves seem to brighten up the cloudy skies. 

As the leaves season changes, I tend to reflect on what I have accomplished and what I have not.  I feel like this year has been a fairly lazy year for me so far.  Life has moved at a slow pace and the routine days seem to blend.  As I think back, nothing seems to define "Me".  I am not complaining, sometimes we need a routine life rather than the hustle and bustle of all that sometimes consumes us. 

There are two things that I have not accomplished.  For this year I had hoped to lose thirty or forty pounds and I had hoped to start writing one of my novels.  I am only slightly overweight, but there is a high risk of Diabetes in my Family.  I would really like to stop the cycle and live the rest of my days as healthy as possible.  My goal is to get back to the weight I was when I got married almost fourteen years ago.  The problem is that I have not done anything about it.  Each week I tell myself that I will start exercising and seat better.  Each week, I push ti off to the next.  Maybe by blogging about ti, I will actually do something about it.  If I do, I will definitely keep you all up to date.




As far as my novel goes, I just need to start it.  The hardest part for me is starting the project.  Once I have the first few pages done, the words start to flow.  I just never seem to find the time to start.  I have been thinking a lot about writing lately and think that there is a way to intertwine all of the ideas I have for novels.  I also think that it is a somewhat new idea that will work very well.  I don't want to give too much away, but as I begin writing I will keep everyone in the loop.   

The rain outside is tapping on my window reminding me that I should be working on other things.  Please feel free to give me feedback on my articles.  I have also been asked about the pictures in my posts.  I have taken each picture personally with the aid of my cell phone.  Most are of places or things that caught my eye.  Sometimes they might inspire a blog.  Sometimes they might have no relation at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment