Monday, July 1, 2013

An Overdue Hello, During A Hectic Time

It has been a while since I posted, and I apologize for that, so I thought I would give an update on my writing and share some links to the books I am published in. 

Near the end of June, I finally finished with the Institute of Children's Literature.  This was a huge accomplishment for me, as I actually began it back in 1995, shortly after high school graduation.  Life got in the way, and I dropped out.  However, I called them up in 2012 to inquire about joining again, and they allowed me to continue where I left off!  So, I started back up and finally completed the course.  I should receive my diploma soon, which I will proudly display.  I also finished the first three chapters of my novel (which was my last assignment), and will continue working on it.  Look for Final Reverie in the future.

My newest short story is published in "Another 100 Horrors", by Cruentus Libri Press.  The concept was new for me, to create a 100 word short story, which I successfully did with the creation of "The Hunt".

You can purchase it today on Amazon in paperback and ebook format:

http://www.amazon.com/Another-100-Horrors-Kevin-Bufton/dp/1489514279/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372726026&sr=8-1&keywords=another+100+horrors



An upcoming short story, titled "Blood Lust", will be included in this upcoming anthology titled, "Horror-Tica".  Published by Cruentus Libri Press, it is sure to be a favorite amongst those that like horror, mixed with a little lust.

The Anthology should be released within the next month or so, so keep tuned in for an official announcement.

Also, if you purchase any of the books, please leave some feedback on Amazon to show some love.



The Apollyon Zine is an up and coming magazine from an indie publisher.  My short story, "Catastrophic Preservation" will be included in the very first issue.  This is my first magazine publication, and I am extremely excited to be part of the debut issue. 

If you are interested in Apollyon, feel free to join their facebook page for updates on the release.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/485535394850185/


The Undead that Saved Christmas, Vol. 3: Monster Bash, published by Rainstorm Press, included my second published story, "The Deal That Saved Christmas".  It takes an alternate look at Santa Claus and how he became the man we all loved as a child.  The anthology is available on Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.  All proceeds will benefit hugsffa.org.

http://www.amazon.com/Undead-That-Saved-Christmas-Monster/dp/1937758311/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1372726685&sr=1-2&keywords=The+Undead+that+Saved+Christmas


31 More Nights of Halloween, published by Rainstorm Press, included my first published short story, titled "Game Over".  I really liked this story and its surprise ending.

This book is still available on Amazon in both Kindle and Paperback versions.

http://www.amazon.com/More-Nights-Halloween-Joshua-Skye/dp/1937758281/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1372726852&sr=1-1&keywords=31+More+Nights+of+Halloween


Although those are my current publications, they are not my last.  I have quite a few short stories out there for final acceptance/rejection letters, and continue to look for more as they become available.  I have a short zombie story that will be released in an an upcoming Anthology that will benefit War Veterans. 

Of course, I am working on Final Reverie, which will be my first novel.  I have a few publishers in mind to possible publication, but want to wait until it is complete, before I get my hopes up.  This Novel is based on a short story that I wrote, and I am very proud of it. 

Let's not forget my work for Nerdzy.com and Infendo.com!  Both sites are fantastic sources for video game news, and nerdzy covers other categories too!  You can also listen to me on Infendo Radio (Which will post on Infendo when new episodes are complete).

As you can see, I have been VERY busy lately, so this little blog of mine has been put on the back burner.  On top of everything above, I have started to study for my Associate's Degree in Psychology with the University of Phoenix.  To add to the chaos, I am also seeking employment, since my company went out of business (anyone need an operations or office manager?).  Although, I wish that my writing paid the bills, sadly it does not...yet!

I will try to keep up on my blog on a more consistent basis, as well as showcase some other authors in upcoming posts! 

Feel free to follow me on facebook as well:

www.facebook.com/esselprattwriting


No comments:

Post a Comment