Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Are You A Fanboy?


What is a fanboy?  According to Merriam-Webster a fanboy is :

noun: \ˈfan-ˌbȯi\: : a boy who is an enthusiastic devotee (as of comics or movies)

Obviously, fanboys are not always boys and aren't restricted to comics or movies. I think it is fair to say that many of you reading this are probably Nintendo/Xbox/Sony fanboys/girls.  However, some of you are like me and don't limit yourself to just one console.  Don't get me wrong, I love each of the big three console makers.  However, like my kids, I don't love one more than another.  Each one has it's uniqueness, and that is what makes them special. 

Yesterday, I had the pleasure of debating an individual (self admitted Xbox 360 fanboy) that disagreed with a me that all consoles have their positives and negatives.  He didn't disagree that they didn't all have good games, instead he felt that a console is nothing without specs.  I tend to believe that specs do help to differentiate one console form another, but the games are what keeps people coming back for more.  Without good games, quality over quantity, what do the specs show us?

Myself, I have consoles dating back from the original pong and commadore 64 all the way to the Wii U and Ouya.  I don't dislike any of the 51 consoles I own, but I don't absolutely love them all either. 

So, are you a fanboy of a specific console?  If so, why (Let's try to give valid reasons, instead of just saying that it is better). 

No comments:

Post a Comment