Tuesday, March 12, 2013

I've Been Golem'd

As some of you are aware, I not only write horror/sci-fi, but I also write for Nerdzy.com and Infendo.com.  Both sites are video game-centric, and Infendo leans heavily towards Nintendo products.

Today I posted an article, with credit given to Kotaku, about a new Pokemon game that is currently being developed by 4Chan's /vp/ board.  Sadly, I seem to have upset a user of that board.

I received an email notification that a commentor, identifying himself only as "FAGGOT" (I found it weird that he would use a derogatory term for him/herself) found it necessary to say the following:

"The fuck do you think you’re doing? we don’t want this kind of publicity you douchenozzle.
Don’t make me golem your shit
I’ll do it
I’ll golem the shit out of your shit"


I was working, so I was not able to see the email notification right away.  My lack of response must have upset him, so within twenty minutes of the first post, I received a second message with the above picture attached.

"I tolja I’d golem your shit nuttlecakes
I tolja I’d golem it
you brought this upon yourself"

Now, I have participated in my share of trolling in my day, but I have never stooped so low to golem someone.  I have to admit, I did get quite a laugh about the two comments, and the picture, but wonder why little ole' me was singled out instead of the monstrous entity known as Kotaku, whom inspired me to write the article.

Obviously, the person that sent the message did not use a real/traceable email address.  However, their IP address does point to Canada.

I actually have a lot of respect for sites such as 4Chan .  They have created a form of expression that would not normally be featured in a more public forum.  The result has been some really fantastic content.  Of course, with the good comes the bad.  I don't look at this commentor's reaction as bad though.  He/She took the time to single me, a small time writer, out.  He could have set out to attack Kotaku with all he'she had, but instead chose me.  So, anonymous fan...I thank you!




No comments:

Post a Comment