Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Creativity is Flowing!

Lately, I have been writing a lot, and that is a good thing.  There is nothing more relaxing that sitting in front of my computer allowing thoughts from my brain bleed into the words on the screen.  The problem, though, is that focus on my goal insists on getting sidetracked.

For example, I wrote a short story a while ago that I wanted to submit for publication in an anthology.  Unfortunately, I did not have an anthology in mind.  As I browsed the internet, i could not find anything that fit the Sci-Fi/Dystopian theme...  However, I did find five open anthologies that I really want to write, and submit, something for.

As I write for the first one, I found that I was not writing a short story, but instead the first chapter of a book I have been putting off!  I cold make the first chapter work for the short story, and keep the readers wanting more, but do I want to?  Should I just continue with the book and start something new for the Anthology?  I think that I will, I just need to think it over a bit.

I did find a few magazines that I submitted my Sci-Fi/Dystopian short to, and hope to hear something back soon.  I also submitted a children's story, that I submitted as my #9 assignment to the Children's Institute of Literature class, to four different magazines for review.  I will keep everyone posted on both stories as I receive feedback.

Speaking of the Children's Institute of Literature, I am starting my last assignment for the class and decided to start a book for the final assignment.  In fact, I think that I will use the book that I started writing in place of the Anthology submission.  Originally, it was going to be an adult book with a subtle hint of zombies in it (I know, zombies are so cliche now, but mine is a bit different) but I found that I can easily transition it to a Young Adult novel.  For the assignment, I need to have the first three chapters completed, and I think that I can accomplish that easily.  I will keep you updated on this project also.

2012/2013 has been very good to me as a writer.  I am now published in four anthologies (2 will be released within the next month or two), I have two more that I should hear back from within a month or two, and still two more that I just submitted to magazines on Monday.  Now, If I can finish the five anthology submissions, I will be very happy.



My goals in the future are to finally complete one of the many books that I have started, and submit them for publication.  I hope to finish one of them by the end of the year.  In the meantime, I will continue to build my portfolio by submitting to anthologies and magazine.  At least my name will be out there among the fans.

Has anyone else been working on anything interesting lately?


On a side note, if you haven't already checked out the Evil Jester Comics Kickstarter, Click the link below!  If you cannot donate, please share the link!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/eviljesterpresents/new-horror-graphic-novel-comic-series-evil-jester

No comments:

Post a Comment