Saturday, June 14, 2014

It Won't be much longer: Final Reverie - releasing soon!

http://www.jellingtonashton.com/essel-pratt.html
It won't be long now until Final Reverie is released by J. Ellington Ashton Press. I cannot wait to share the adventures of Chij and Franklyn with all of you. Until then, here is a small excerpt:

“Can you imagine living your life in a box, staring at a box, and clicking little buttons that are shaped like boxes?” said Franklyn. “Not I,” said Chij. “Anyway, if all of the technology was still here I would not be having this conversation with you. I would probably be chained to a tree and drinking from a bowl.” “That is probably true, but that is how things were back then. Can you imagine the period between the demise of technology and the emergence of magic? I heard that a lot of people went crazy and few survived,” said Franklyn. They mused how the humans coped once the dust had settled, as the land renewed itself over the course of years, ushering forth a new age as the devolution caused by the now rotting machines was finally unhindered. How they managed to adjust as magic emerged too, and gained control of the land as the people readjusted their lifestyles, forcing them to rely less on their mechanical crutches. Most of all they wondered about the interaction between man and beast, as they became vocal and intellectual equals in the new world, and how they learned to rely on one another as something other than pet and master."


 This book has been in my head for quite some time.  I feared, at one point, that I would never finish it and the tale would be kept secret within my head until the end of my time.  However, I decided to see what would happen after the 2013 NaNoWriMo event.  Somehow I managed to finish the book in that time.  It was rough and missing quite a bit of detail, but the first draft was complete!  I went back through, from beginning to end, and added about 10,000 more words. I was completely ecstatic with my progress.  

As I said above, it won't be long now until Final Reverie makes its way into the hands of the fans.  I hope to start on the second book soon.  The working title is Salient Reverie and it will be be another labor of love.

Stay tuned for my toddler's book, which is being worked on now, "The ABC's of Zombie Friendship" which will also be released by JEA Press.

No comments:

Post a Comment