Thursday, January 17, 2013

Inspiration



Inspiration for my writing can come from anywhere.  Usually, random thoughts spur a deluge of imaginative ideas that plant the seeds of future trees.  As the tree grows, the branches form the characters, the setting, the plot twists, and the chapters.

To build my profile, I tend to submit short stories to as many anthologies as possible.  Currently, I have been published twice.  My short stories can be found in, "The Undead That Saved Christmas, Vol. 3: Monster Bash" and "31 More Nights Of Halloween", and have spurred more inspiration.  In fact, the short stories that I write tend to build into full novels in my head.  They tend to lay the groundwork for much bigger ideas.

One issue that I need to resolve is that I tend to write my short stories at the spur of the moment.  I sit down, and write the 1500 to 3000 word story all at once.  I then proofread and submit.  I guess I am impatient, in a way.  However, After I submit and think about the story, I come up with something much bigger.  I need to learn patience and let the story grow before putting pen to paper.

Sorry about the boring post, I just had some thoughts and wanted to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment